Thursday, December 25, 2008

December 2008 , blog resurrected

It has been almost forever since we have updated the blog. Between crazy work schedule, crazy weather and oh yes Facebook no updates in months . I know excuses, excuses. I have managed to grab a few pictures , a few of which are below.

Winter has yielded some spectacular sunsets. I have a whole bunch like this .

Work has been crazy for me. We have been qualifying tools for shipment to intel, and it has been pretty much non stop since thanksgiving. Weekends and nights not excluded! I did a brief trip to California to support this work and managed to sneak in some tennis. I also had 7 courses of beef at a vietnamese restaraunt- bizarre but tasty, not something for every day but I would do it again.
The courses were soup, then a beef salad, then different types of sausages, a beef pate and a beef porridge. Most of this you would insert inside of rice paper in self made spring rolls. In addition to the beef day I also had some great mexican , the best Mole sauce I've ever had. Who knew after 8 years visiting our headquarters I would find this hidden gem of a restaurant.

December was flying along with lots of winter activities at school. Then the whole month of December grounded to a halt with the big freeze of 2008. The week before christmas temperatures dropped into the teens (for highs). Then the first of many snows came.
In the 2 weeks before christmas a total of 8 working days , I only made it into the office twice. Luckily, I had my laptop and could work at home. Still school was cancelled 3 times in the last week of school and the family was going stir crazy. We did get the kids out in the now a little, but it was so cold it was powder and not the best for snowmen and the like.



It got so cold that our windows froze on the inside- I guess that is a sign that replacement is needed...

First half of post, some pictures are missing stay tuned...

Rob


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

beverly said...

nice to see you posting! and I'll take a few of your sunsets! (ours are pretty boring or non-existant) but you can keep your weather. we've had it cool - even dipping into the 40s on occasion but today we're supposed to be back in the 60's and clear and sunny. also nice to see our tie-dye efforts being worn!